How to limit certain domain access some files in my server?

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
baalchina

How to limit certain domain access some files in my server?

Post by baalchina »

Hi, I am running two domains in a windows server. Can I limit one domain to access certain directory in my server? For example , domain a can access any disk or directory in server, but domain b can only access disk d?
FTP
Site Admin

Re: How to limit certain domain access some files in my server?

Post by FTP »

OK, when you add a user account, you need to specify a home folder, you can choose a subfolder to limit his access. And you can also add subfolder rules under the tab "User > Subfolder".
baalchina

Post by baalchina »

Thanks, maybe I did not speak clearly...
I am running a Windows server, and had two ftp domains in it. I gave one domain's admin permissions to someone, but I didnot want him to add a user that can access all my server's harddrive. For example, the admin of the domain can add a user, and set his home directory to c:\, then he can access the server's driver c. I do not want this.
So how to fix this? Thanks a lot.

------
不知道可否用中文?

我在服务器上有2个域,我将其中一个域的管理员权限给到了某个人。但是我不想让他有权限新建一个用户去访问我服务器上的所有文件,我测试了一下,如果是域管理员,可以新建一个用户并授权他访问服务器上的任何目录。比如直接将这个用户的主目录设置为c:\,那么他就可以访问c:\了,但是我并不希望这样...
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

OK, when you add a domain admin, you can specify the "Base folder" for him, then he can only be able to share files under the base folder.