glftpd connection problem

Any issues, suggestions, and bug reports about new FTP Rush v3
bugreport

Re: glftpd connection problem

Post by bugreport »

FYI in order to reproduce the issue you'll need to use Explicit SSL/TLS connection, not plain text.

Error: Error Login FTP(IP:PORT) Failure of a call to SSPI, see the interior exception.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

bugreport wrote:I'll find one or make one for you no problem, in the meantime give it a try to this public server, you will not be able to connect to it via FTPRush v3 but you'll be able to connect with any other FTP Client.

ftp.us.debian.org:21
The server you provided only supports "Plain Text", How can we test it with SSL?
bugreport

Post by bugreport »

You misunderstood, they are different issues.

1. ftp.us.debian.org:21 (yes it's a plain text server)
bugreport wrote:When the issue randomly happens this show up and will not be able to connect the server:

Error login ftp (ftp.us.debian.org:21) A connection attempt failed because the connected component did not respond correctly after a period of time

PS: Will you ever fix this? :S

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

2. SSL/TLS required to reproduce the issue, if you still are not able to reproduce it I'll get you one.
bugreport wrote:FYI in order to reproduce the issue you'll need to use Explicit SSL/TLS connection, not plain text.

Error: Error Login FTP(IP:PORT) Failure of a call to SSPI, see the interior exception.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

bugreport wrote:You misunderstood, they are different issues.

bugreport wrote:When the issue randomly happens this show up and will not be able to connect the server:

Error login ftp (ftp.us.debian.org:21) A connection attempt failed because the connected component did not respond correctly after a period of time

2. SSL/TLS required to reproduce the issue, if you still are not able to reproduce it I'll get you one.
bugreport wrote:FYI in order to reproduce the issue you'll need to use Explicit SSL/TLS connection, not plain text.

Please help us find a SSL/TLS server, we can not reproduce the error.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

bugreport wrote:You misunderstood, they are different issues.

Can you tell us which operating system you are running FTP Rush on?
If you are running Windows, please specify the version of Windows
bugreport

Post by bugreport »

Yes, it's MS Windows 7 x64.
bugreport

Post by bugreport »

FYI I don't think Windows version really matters, since it also happens on Windows 10.
bugreport

Post by bugreport »

I found the issue, FTPRush v3 doesn't support any of TLSv1.2 ciphers (i have reported that issue with TLSv1.3 also)

Unable to accept TLS connection: client does not support any cipher from 'TLSCipherSuite !EXPORT:ALL:!SSLv2:!SSLv3:!TLSv1:!TLSv1.1'

TLS/TLS-C negotiation failed on control channel

You definitely should add to the app the ciphers being used just like FTPRush v1 and v2 and also what libraries and version are being used on it.
bugreport

Post by bugreport »

Here's the full detailed error message on server side:

TLS/TLS-C requested, starting TLS handshake

Unable to accept TLS connection: protocol error: error:1417A0C1:SSL routines:tls_post_process_client_hello:no shared cipher

Unable to accept TLS connection: client does not support any cipher from 'TLSCipherSuite !EXPORT:ALL:!SSLv2:!SSLv3:!TLSv1:!TLSv1.1'

TLS/TLS-C negotiation failed on control channel
bugreport

Post by bugreport »

FYI, other issues found:

- ENTER key doesn't enter folders in FTPRush v3, instead it will go to the next folder at bottom.
- UTF8 listing also doesn't work, you'll see files and folders with incorrect charsets, they are fine with any other FTP/SFTP client.