Triggering FTPRush

Post your FTP Rush styles or scripts and discuss about them.
yoaha

Triggering FTPRush

Post by yoaha »

Hi there, I have been using FTPRush for a good few years now and its an excellent client.

I was wondering if it was possible to trigger FTPRush from a linux environment, I have no experience with windows programming, but I was told it might be possible using .NET.

Is there any suggestions or alternative solutions?

peas.
Marsup

Re: Triggering FTPRush

Post by Marsup »

You can probably use any language, but you'll have to have a proxy on the machine hosting ftprush to retransmit the commands because it's using windows messages and afaik it doesn't go through network.

Good luck.
yoaha

Post by yoaha »

I'm not familiar with the windows environment, I had a brief look at windows messages and can see how they would be used, but is there anywhere I can get more information as to how I can create the same functionality as the .dll (I believe it's closed source?).

Can you think of any alternative methods?
Marsup

Post by Marsup »

Sources of the dll itself are available somewhere (can't find it now), I inspired from it to create my owns.
It's basically just a call to FindWindow then a SendMessage, very simple. Callbacks are a bit trickier (shared mem space).
I might have a copy of the sources @home, I'll look for it.
Eff3c7

Post by Eff3c7 »

Marsup is 100% correct on this.. I have coded a small .pl file for personal use that I use.
this perl script must run on the same system as ftprush. (I use active state perl)

it opens a udp port on the ftprush system and waits for udp packets.
once a packet arrives.. it decodes the information it needs and sends via sendmessage to rush. ( I use the module win32::gui for this)

callbacks are possible too.. but as marsup said.. you need to define memory space to store the returning infomation and then send it back down the udp port to the host machine.

then all you need is a way to send a udp packet from the linux machine.

afaik there is no other way to send infomation to rush except using the win32 apis and sendmessage, althou it would be rather nice if the team did implement either a tcp or udp server for this purpose.