Connection sur bureau distant

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
Bubuleur

Connection sur bureau distant

Post by Bubuleur »

Hello,
I am a novice in the field and would like to know how to connect to a remote computer:
I have a computer at work and a computer at home 100km away from each other and I would like to retrieve files from the office computer
I have wingftp configured I think
but i don't know what to put on the other computer as ip or other i use Directory opus to connect
Thanking you in advance
Have a nice day
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Connection sur bureau distant

Post by FTP »

That IP means the IP address of the WingFTP server machine, if your FTP client is in a different network from your FTP server, then you need to visit the server via internet, and you should use the internet IP address of your firewall/router.
Bubuleur

Post by Bubuleur »

FTP wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:30 am That IP means the IP address of the WingFTP server machine, if your FTP client is in a different network from your FTP server, then you need to visit the server via internet, and you should use the internet IP address of your firewall/router.
Hello, thank you for your answer
my router ip address is 192.168.1.18 but when I want to connect with directory opus or another software it finds me no server, it does not exist, I put my user name and passwords correctly too
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Already told you, if you access the server via internet, the IP should be the internet (WAN) IP of your router, you can find the real IP by google "my ip address". And you also need to forward the related ports (such as port 21 and ftp data ports) in your router.
Bubuleur

Post by Bubuleur »

FTP wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:28 am Already told you, if you access the server via internet, the IP should be the internet (WAN) IP of your router, you can find the real IP by google "my ip address". And you also need to forward the related ports (such as port 21 and ftp data ports) in your router.
I tried with the wan ip address but I can't connect I turned off the windows firewall + my antivirus and I have an ftp port port 21 on my router but nothing helps
A little help would be appreciated
Bubuleur

Post by Bubuleur »

Bubuleur wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:35 pm
FTP wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:28 am Already told you, if you access the server via internet, the IP should be the internet (WAN) IP of your router, you can find the real IP by google "my ip address". And you also need to forward the related ports (such as port 21 and ftp data ports) in your router.
I tried with the wan ip address but I can't connect I turned off the windows firewall + my antivirus and I have an ftp port port 21 on my router but nothing helps
A little help would be appreciated
Attached video I can not see where is the problem?
https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/PEr5Nco6/file.html
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Of course you can't reach to the server because WingFTP machine is in local network (it is not exposed to the internet), you need to forward the related FTP port and passive data ports in your router/firewall.

For FTP passive mode settings, please have a look at this KB article first: https://bbs.wftpserver.com/viewtopic.php?t=5
Bubuleur

Post by Bubuleur »

FTP wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:55 pm Of course you can't reach to the server because WingFTP machine is in local network (it is not exposed to the internet), you need to forward the related FTP port and passive data ports in your router/firewall.

For FTP passive mode settings, please have a look at this KB article first: https://bbs.wftpserver.com/viewtopic.php?t=5
c
Bubuleur

Post by Bubuleur »

Hello,
Thank you very much for your tip, I did as you said.
Attached video
Projet sans titre.mp4
But it still doesn't work I don't understand
Thanking you