Issues with accented chars?

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
Nitnem

Issues with accented chars?

Post by Nitnem »

Dear Sirs,
Wing FTP is new for me. Today I downloaded the software, setup a domain, a user, and accessed the shared folder through my local machine.
That was to test FTP access to a folder from my music folder.
Access to the subfolders were ok, then I installed the Wing Download Manager (WDM) into Firefox (latest).

Issue 1:
Then I selected a few folders and launched the WDM to get this error message:
"some error in [string "c:/program files (x86)/wing ftp server//web..."]:25: attempt to call a nil value!"

then I tried others folders and concluded that when a folder name had accented characters, like á, é, etc, this error appeared.
In this case the error was for folder "La Légende des Celtes". Any other folder with accented characters had same problem.

Issue 2:
In any folder that I double clicked, I could go one step deeper, into folder or to files. Fine.
But if the folder name has accented character, like above example, double clicking into it sort of move the list but was unable to get to the next level.

Now the question is: is it anything that I may do to fix this?

Too bad I live in Chile and spanish has lots of accented letters, in files and in folders names.
Thanks and best regards,
Roberto Petitpas
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Issues with accented chars?

Post by FTP »

Yes, you are right, this issue was introduced in the latest version 7.1.3. And we will fix it in the next release.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Issues with accented chars?

Post by FTP »

The new version 7.1.4 has been released, it fixed the issue you mentioned.