Things which could be better in the v3

Any issues, suggestions, and bug reports about new FTP Rush v3
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Things which could be better in the v3

Post by FTP »

unkn0wn20 wrote:Hi FTP,

things getting better with every release :)

1. The navigation via TAB Button between the windows >> Works perfect!
2. It would be very nice if you could hardcode the working dir like a normal unix style >> Same here!

But i have two additional things:

1. If you direct navigate to a directory like "BBC.BLUBB.DIR" by pressing bb at the keyboard it works perfect. But if you want to navigate by the "arrow down"-button to the next folder "BBD.BLUBB.DIR", FTPRush jumps up to the first folder in the directory

2. FXP still does not work from a server in the internet to a home server behind a router. I have set up prot forwarding for the ports at the ftp server behind the router. With the v2 i can access the server from outside the network via domain + portforwarding. With v3 i can login...but it can't build a data connection for the transfer.

And a very nice thing would be to set custom FTP Raw Commands :)
Can you create a test account on your home server? So we can connect to your home server and debug this problem.
Please send the account information to support@wftpserver.com" rel="nofollow
unkn0wn20

Post by unkn0wn20 »

Hi FTP,

credentials of your test account and infos about the port forwarding are sent to your support mail.

Best regards
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

unkn0wn20 wrote:Hi FTP,

credentials of your test account and infos about the port forwarding are sent to your support mail.

Best regards
After connecting to your home server , we found that your home server has a limitation of 2 simultaneous logins for each user.
When using FTPRush v3 to FXP files to a target server, you must have 3 simultaneous logins.
First connection for browsing files in the file list window.
Second connection for transfer files.
The last one used to calculate the transferred size, it will keep sending "Size" command to target server. This information is used to calculate the speed and percent of the transferred files.
The reason FTPRush v2 can work is it doesn't send the "Size" command and doesn't show the speed, percent or anything.
unkn0wn20

Post by unkn0wn20 »

Thanks for adding auto reverse FXP mode in 3.4.6. This works like a charme.

So for me the client is getting better and better. I still have some ideas for improving the client:

Usability:
- Option to add shortcuts for ftp raw commands

Look & feel:
- Extended theming support, like configuring the colours of the main window, direcotries and so on like it is implemented for the log colours

FTP protocol:
- XDUPE support

Bugs:
- If you direct navigate to a directory like "BBC.BLUBB.DIR" by pressing bb at the keyboard it works perfect. But if you want to navigate by the "arrow down"-button to the next folder "BBD.BLUBB.DIR", FTPRush jumps up to the first folder in the directory
- Skiplist per site does not work correct. It looks like it works per site basis only for files. Not for directories. I have set a skiplist for dirs like this on my homeserver:

Mask: Subs
Type: Directory
Skip on: Everything tickt

But if "Subs" are in a maindir they are still transferde to the destination where the filter is set

Keep up the good work!
unkn0wn20

Post by unkn0wn20 »

And i forgot a point for usability:

- "right mouse klick" -> "move to" for moving files/directories
unkn0wn20

Post by unkn0wn20 »

It would be nice if you could think about adding the things from the last posts to the next versions :)
unkn0wn20

Post by unkn0wn20 »

Hi,

now some time has gone and i wanted to ask if you plan to implement one of the mentioned improvements to the next version?

The most important things for me would be this:

- XDUPE
- Function to move to specified directory
- Setting to add specific RAW-Commands with hotkeys

It would be nice if you would add these features...this would be the time for me to switch from FTPRush v2 to v3.