Folder upload/download

Post here if you have some suggestions or you want to request a new feature.
impact

Folder upload/download

Post by impact »

It would be very useful to have the ability to upload/download folders. I think it's a must have feature for a FTP server and we receive many requests about it from our users.

Are you planning to implement this feature?

Thank you

Andrea
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Folder upload/download

Post by FTP »

Previously you can use Java applet plugins to download/upload folders, but now web browser doesn't support Java applet any more, and there is no other method to implement it (maybe Google Chrome supports uploading one folder).
impact

Post by impact »

It's a pity because as I said before I think it's a "must have" feature and I know the other FTP servers can do that.

Thanks anyway

Andrea
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

If you mean the FTP/SFTP protocol, then you can download/upload a folder with FTP client software. If you mean the web client (HTTP protocol), then other server software can't download a folder too.
impact

Post by impact »

I don't know if there are servers that allow to download a folder as is but I know for sure that there are server that permit to download a folder automatically zipping it, may be this could be a suggestion
But anyway I didn't want to make a flame but only that it's a pity a wonderful product like wing FTP couldn't have a feature like that.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

The new version 6.5.2 has been released, it added a Google Chrome extension "Wing Download Manager":
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... liehkjocgk" rel="nofollow
This extension can be used to download multiple files/folders in the web client.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

The new version 6.5.5 has been released, it added a feature "upload an entire folder in the web client".