Web interface not opening

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
PKrima1

Web interface not opening

Post by PKrima1 »

Hi All!

We've encountered a strange problem with Wing FTP Server Standard.
The symptom is the web interface is not displaying, not even on localhost with default port (80).

The FTP server has been installed to a newly installed Windows 10 Pro x64 and there isn't any other app or service which could cause conflict with port 80.
I tried with different browsers but no luck!

However it seems it should be good, because after entering http://localhost" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow or http://127.0.0.1:80" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow, somewhat later the "/main.html" appendix appeared on the address bar, but the browser says: Unable to open website!

Do you know any solution or workaround to resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance!
PKrima1

Re: Web interface not opening

Post by PKrima1 »

Does anybody have any idea what should I do?
Thanks!
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Wing FTP Server itself has no such issue, maybe it was blocked by some software like Windows Firewall.
PKrima1

Post by PKrima1 »

Hi!
Thanks for your answer!

However it's interesting because I checked http://localhost:5466" rel="nofollow" and the admin interface comes up flawlessly.
I also allowed all IP addresses in domains/settings/ip access section but not luck.
Furthermore I really don't know how does the main.html work, but when I simply open it from file explorer, the browser continuously try to reload the page and this script is blinking:

"<% local all_lang = {"english","french","german","italian","dutch","portuguese","spanish","schinese","tchinese","japanese","czech","romanian","turkish","korean"} if _GET["lang"] ~= nil then for _,val in pairs(all_lang) do if _GET["lang"] == val then setcookie("client_lang",val,900000000) break end end if _COOKIE["client_lang"] == nil then _COOKIE["client_lang"] = "english" end end include("language.html") local nType = c_GetLicenseInfo() local imageDate = c_GetFileTime(c_GetAppPath().."/webclient/images/"..c_GetDomainLogo()) if _SESSION["username"] == nil then %>"

Is something wrong or maybe corrupt in the files?
Thanks in advance your reply!
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

You do not need to add any IP access rules, please remove them. If still no success, then try to disable the Windows Firewall temporarily.
PKrima1

Post by PKrima1 »

Hello!

I disabled the firewall, but nothing happened.
But I was curious and I installed a new trial version of WingFTP server to a newly created virtual machine and the interface works!!!
Should I remove all and make a fresh installation of the server?
Can I backup the existing users and domains or forget it and start again from scratch?

Thanks!
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, you must get something wrong, so just remove all and make a fresh installation for Wing FTP Server.