WingFTP on Server 2012 and SSL

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
mstumpo

WingFTP on Server 2012 and SSL

Post by mstumpo »

WingFTP is installed and working on Windows Server 2012. IIS is NOT installed. We need to have SSL via https://ftp.domainname.com:port#" rel="nofollow". I have generated the CSR from WingFTP and received 2 CRT files from GoDaddy (1 is the actual and 1 is the (I'm assuming) chained CRT but am getting Invalid SSL certificate. I am using the GoDaddy CRT file and WingFTP KEY file (I previously generated via WingFTP), entered the password but no luck.

Should I assume that I need to install IIS and get a cert for that server or is selecting 'Other' via GoDaddy (which is what I have done already) and importing into WingFTP is enough? Please advise.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: WingFTP on Server 2012 and SSL

Post by FTP »

Just combine those two crt files into one crt file like this:

Code: Select all

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
your site certificate signed by Godaddy
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
intermediate certificates
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
mstumpo

Post by mstumpo »

One of the files - gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt is (I assume) a bundled cert file as the name implies. Do I still need to combine the first CRT and this file then?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, just put the content of the file "gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt" on the bottom.
mstumpo

Post by mstumpo »

I circled back to this issue and rekeyed the SSL cert from WIngFTP. I downloaded 'other' from GoDaddy and have 2 files ending in CRT and one ending in PEM. I combined the 2 CRT files with the intermediate one below the actual cert and have the CRT as the certificate path and the PEM as the private key with the password I used and still get invalid certificate. Suggestions?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Please make sure you already selected the new cert under "Domain > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > SSL Certificate".
mstumpo

Post by mstumpo »

Nothing is listed in the SSL Certificate under Domain > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > SSL Certificate except the default one. Since I am receiving invalid certificate under Server > Settings > SSL, I can't go any further. I'm sure this should not be this difficult, but I never deal with certificates so I am not understanding the process fully and need some hand holding.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

OK, please send all your cert files to us via email.
mstumpo

Post by mstumpo »

email address?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

You can find the email address under "Support -> Contact Us".