AnonFTP - Local]Error: Invalid server file path:

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
LorenAmelang

AnonFTP - Local]Error: Invalid server file path:

Post by LorenAmelang »

I have an ancient and weird bit of solar gear (OutBack AXS Port) that has always been a problem for FTP. I had FTP Rush 3.2.6 working with it, but Windows died and my new install of 3.4.6 isn't able to transfer files. All I've done after install is Site Manager, name, host IP, Connect. It shows me the files and can navigate through them, but anything I choose to transfer gets an error like:
[T][AXS Port-->Local]Error: Invalid server file path: /DATALOGS/21120812.CSV.
Even in the remote / directory.

It shows exactly the remote paths, same capitalization. Could it mean something that it puts a period after the path in the error message? Surely it isn't adding that to the transfer request? It doesn't put a period after other log messages...

This server is strange and many FTP clients can't deal with it at all. But usually if I can list remote directories, I can download files. Is there something I could try to get FTP Rush to transfer?
FTP
Site Admin

Re: AnonFTP - Local]Error: Invalid server file path:

Post by FTP »

OK, maybe your FTP server is very old, it can't handle the recent standard FTP protocol, so maybe you can try the old FTP Rush v2.2.0: https://www.wftpserver.com/ftprush_v2.htm" rel="nofollow
LorenAmelang

Post by LorenAmelang »

The old v2 portable version actually worked! At least today... We'll see if it keeps working... Thanks!

Is there any way to keep the portable version from making the "My FTPRush Downloads" folder at the top of Documents every time it runs? Or moving the settings files the v3 version stores in Documents\FTPRush? I'm a bit weird about keeping Documents simple...
LorenAmelang

Post by LorenAmelang »

So for curiosity I tried the new v3 installed version again, and it works today, too!

This AXS Port server is just very spooky and unreliable... At least I have a new option to try next time it won't transfer.