Can I Add Exceptions to Anti-Hammer Function?

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
jackstraw

Can I Add Exceptions to Anti-Hammer Function?

Post by jackstraw »

I have a Wing FTP server that has anti-hammer enabled but it's blocking legitimate traffic from one of our applications because another service from within our production environment keeps hitting it with failed authentication attempts - a service we can't ID from the logs. I'd like to somehow whitelist a handful of source IP's that our production environment uses so that they won't be blocked. This would allow our other apps to function without us having to disable anti-hammer across the board. I've looked in the manual but cannot find instructions to do this, but I could have sworn I'd done it to another Wing FTP instance in that past...
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Can I Add Exceptions to Anti-Hammer Function?

Post by FTP »

OK, so you can add the related client IP into "Domain > Settings > IP Whitelisting".
jackstraw

Post by jackstraw »

I don't have an option called "IP Whilelisting," I only have "Domain" > "Settings" > "IP Access." I tried adding there but all I did was block traffic from all other IP's while only allowing those. As I later noticed in the manual:

"You can define IP access rules to allow/deny users' access based on IP address for this domain.
If you do not specify an IP address, all the domain users can logon the server with any IP address. But if
you set an allow list, the domain users can only obtain access by IP addresses specified in the list."

Nothing under "Domain" > "Settings" > "General" either. Is this a version limitation? We're on 5.0.6. I could have sworn we'd done this on an older version though. Perhaps via the console (lua)?

Thanks.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, the version you are using is very old, please upgrade to the latest version 6.6.4.