Applying New SSL Certificate

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
MSKeding

Applying New SSL Certificate

Post by MSKeding »

I am running into an "Invalid SSL Certificate File!" error when trying to apply a new wildcard cert. The wildcard cert was purchased through Dotster and the certificate/private key text documents were provided to us by our 3rd party MSP. I've attempted to save these text documents as .crt, .key, and .pem files, but still receive this invalid error.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Applying New SSL Certificate

Post by FTP »

OK, WingFTP supports standard PEM format, you just need one .crt file (PEM format) and one .key file, you also need to provide a correct key password.
MSKeding

Post by MSKeding »

Thanks. So I just need to save those text documents as a .crt for the certificate and .key for the private key, and as long as I have the correct password, that should work?

Do I need to add this as a new certificate? Or do I update the existing certificate to point to the new .cer and .key files?
MSKeding

Post by MSKeding »

No clue how to close this post, but support was able to assist in resolving the issue. The support team added newline characters to my certificate file that was provided by Dotster. Thanks again for the help!