access to a folder

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
Mikhail12

access to a folder

Post by Mikhail12 »

how do I prevent a user or group from accessing a specific folder? (complete ban on viewing, reading, writing)
FTP
Site Admin

Re: access to a folder

Post by FTP »

You can add subfolder rules for the related user account.
Mikhail12

Post by Mikhail12 »

there is no rule in subfolder to prohibit access to a folder. Clearly, there is no ban option. You can specify the path to the folder to which you want to block access or use and do not set options (checkboxes) At the same time, users who can't view the folder get access to view it.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Please disable all the permissions for the subfolder rule, then you can't do listing or downloading in that subfolder. If you just want to ban some files, just add a few file access rules under domain settings.
Mikhail12

Post by Mikhail12 »

The proposed solution helped, thank you. Given that this folder should not be available to all users, there should be a group of rules with default prohibiting rules that are automatically added when creating new users. How do I configure it?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, you can also add a group with subfolder rules, then choose this group when adding users.
Mikhail12

Post by Mikhail12 »

I understood. The disadvantage of this method is that when adding new users, I must remember about the prohibiting group. When creating a large number of users, this is inconvenient. It would be more convenient to have the wingftp operating mode when access to folders is forbidden by default, unless otherwise specified.