Missing Shortcut - Showcase.exe

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
Jeff2019

Missing Shortcut - Showcase.exe

Post by Jeff2019 »

Hi,

I work with a customer who uses Wing FTP for file transfers for their project work.

Within the last few months (maybe longer) I have been receiving errors when trying to batch download files.

The final step before downloading files (locating the directory to which the files will be downloaded) takes a number of steps (for each folder level).

I receive a Windows error message that says: "Missing Shortcut". It references the file Showcase.exe as the file it is searching for. In order to move to the next step in the process of selecting the folder where I want to download the multiple files I need to click the cancel button on that missing shortcut message four or five times. I have to do that for level of folder until I get the folder where I want to download the files.

I have Showcase installed as part of Autodesk's program suite; but, there is no "showcase.exe" program on my system.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how I can make Wing FTP behave like it once did. I don't believe anything has changed on my system; but, it's possible. I am running Windows 7. (I have found Showcase.exe on in the Internet available for download; but, the program is 20 years old and I'm not sure it would be compatible with my system. Before creating another problem by trying to install it, I thought I would ask here.)

Thanks for any input that can be provided here.

Take Care,

Jeff
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Missing Shortcut - Showcase.exe

Post by FTP »

Sorry, I can't figure out what your meaning, is Wing FTP Server related with "Showcase.exe"?